Paneer Lababdar is one delicious paneer curry we swear by! It is easy to cook and tastes yum!
It goes well with any type of Indian bread and can also be served with steamed/jeera rice.
The red gravy curry has semi-liquid consistency and is creamy in texture as well as in flavour.
Here is our recipe to prepare Paneer Lababdar -
1. Paneer (Cut in cubes) - 200 grams & grated/meshed - 2 tbsp
2. Onion (Finely Chopped) - 1 Medium Size
3. Bay Leaf/tej patta - 2 small
4. Cinnamon - 1/2 inch
5. Jeera - 1 tsp
6. Red chilli powder - 1tsp
7. Coriander powder -1 tsp
8. Kasuri Methi - 1tsp
9. Sugar - 1/2 tsp
10. Salt - as per taste
11. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
12. Ghee - 2 tbsp
13. Cream -2 tbsp
FOR TOMATO PUREE -
14. Tomatoes - 4 medium size
15. Cashew - 12-15 pieces
16. Ginger - 1/2 inch
17. Garlic - 5-6 pieces
18. Clove/Laung - 2
19. Cardmom - 1 small
1. In a pan take all ingredients required for tomato puree and simmer them in 1 cup water until tomatoes get softer and water evaporates, it would take around 10-12 mins.
2. Cool the mixture and grind it into smooth puree.
3. In a separate pan, heat ghee , add jeera,bay leaf and cinnamon stick and let it splutter.
4. Now, add chopped onion and cook it until brown.
5. Add the prepared tomato puree and mix it well. Simmer it for 2-3 mins.
6. Add Green chilli,red chilli powder and coriander powder.
7. Mix very well and cook it until fat releases. Then, add salt , sugar and mix.
8. Put Paneer cubes and grated paneer to the mixture then mix them.
9. Now, add kasuri methi,garam masala and cream to it, mix and let it cook for 2-3 mins to get the desired consistency!
10. You delicious Paneer Labadar is ready to serve.
Hope you and your loved ones love this recipe!
Try more paneer recipes by Learning Sutras -
- Learning Sutras