Amazon Fire TV Stick is one device which helps you save a lot of bucks!! You must be wondering how? Oh well..you don't have to buy new smart TV to view the amazing web content on big screen, it converts your normal TV with a HDMI port into a Smart TV within few minutes! Yes, that's right!
NORMAL TV + FIRE STICK = SMART TV :D
We have been using this for more than a year now, and we believe that now we can confidently say that it is worth your money!
Let us specify, this is no technical product review - you can get all the technical specification easily on the internet. This blog is a product experience, which could help you understand that buying a Fire TV stick is worth or not! Here we go..
We ordered our Amazon Fire TV Stick of course from Amazon, and they were quick to deliver it as usual. Included in the box was - Fire TV Stick, Alexa Voice Remote, USB cable and power adapter, HDMI extender, 2 AAA batteries, Quick Start Guide.
NOTE - The fire TV stick is now available with all new Alexa Voice Remote with an upgraded and improved Alexa search,which we hope is better than what we are using currently!
We quickly checked the set up process and we were so glad since it was so easy to install and also, comes pre-registered to your Amazon account so you can just plug it in to your HDTV and enjoy favourite titles and personalised recommendations.
Having Amazon Prime is not any pre-requisite but it is better with it! you get a lot more options!
Skipping the technical details we quickly tell you what we loved and what didn't meet our expectations.
• COMPACT ,LIGHT AND PORTABLE - more like a large size pen-drive.
• EASY INSTALLATION
• EASY TO USE INTERFACE
• WIDE APPLICATION SUPPORT – including Netflix,Zee5,Hotstar,Gaana,Voot,SonyLiv,Youtube (added recently,earlier it was accessible through the browser) and many more…
• CASTING/MIRRORING – you can easily cast your mobile phone and other device with similar casting functionality available on them over your TV
• VOICE SEARCH - We are not sure how much the new voice search has improved but our experience after various upgrades is that the search needs a lot of improvement especially with understanding Hindi words. It also need to work on universal app support, it works well for prime music and video but for others it generally provides for links.
• REMOTE BATTERY CONSUMPTION - The Remote consumes lot of battery(AAA) power especially if you use any other battery brand except the Amazon battery itself.
• WARRANTY - Fire TV Stick is sold with a limited warranty of only one year , though we didn't face any issues with it but a longer warranty and guarantee would have been better.
Our experience justifies our decision to buy it. We have even found it to be better than already Smart TVs as they don't provide such wide application support.
You can even do away with your DTH connection if you have a good wifi pack available! Watching TV without having to watch advertisements is great!
Only thing is that you need to PAY SUBSCRIPTION FEES for accessing various apps as generally the major ones are not free of cost, that could a hefty amount but if you have got some good friends then remember - Sharing is Caring ;) :D Hope you guys get it :)
Other Fire TV versions available - Fire TV Stick 4K
All we can say is that we are more than satisfied with the product and would suggest it if you wish to buy it!
TIP - If not in any hurry,wait for Sale/Prime day etc and you can buy it on a lesser price. Like now, on 15th and 16th July the prime day deal price is just Rs. 2799 only (saving you 1200 bucks)
CLICK TO GET ALL PRIME DAY DEALS ON AMAZON
- Happy Shopping! Happy Watching!