Who doesn't like eating garama-garam parathas with some butter, that too first thing in the morning!
Here is our #recipe for the same -
1. Boiled & Meshed Potatoes - 4/5 medium size
2. Green Chili - 1
3. Red Chili powder - 1 tbsp
4. Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
5. Amchur powder - 1/2 tbsp or lemon juice
6. Garam masala - 1/2 tbsp
7. Black Salt - 1/2 tbsp optional
9. Salt - as per taste
10. Chat masala - 1 tbsp
11. Oil/Ghee - as required
12. Wheat Dough - to make parathas
Tip - Add grated paneer to the Aalu mix or cheese for variation in flavor.
1. Take boiled and meshed potato in a bowl and add all the mentioned spices, mix them and let it cool down.
2. Meanwhile, prepare soft dough ( Tip - add some malai while kneading the dough, this would make it soft and add some crunch to your paratha)
Dough Preparation -
Take 3-4 Cups aata, add salt and 2 spoon malai to it, mix well.
Gradually add water to the mix and keep kneading until you get well kneaded soft dough.
(Vary contents as per quantity required, The mentioned quantities shall make 6-8 parathas)
3. Make small balls of the dough and roll them flat, as in the pictures, for additional tangy and spicy taste , put a few drops of oil and a pinch of red chili powder and spread it over.
4. Make small balls of the Aalu mixture and place it on the flat rolled paratha, fold it from sides and them make ball.
5. Roll it as per desired thickness of the paratha.
6. Place it on a hot pan, flip over and then add oil/ghee, press it all over using a flat spatula, turn and repeat.
7. The paratha is all yous to eat! Add butter over it and serve it hot with curd/ chutney or Sauce!
Do try and let us know if you like them!
Share your recipes or write your own blogs on Learning Sutras - Connect with us!